Great changes are taking place in Asian organizations as they are around the world. Global competition, the opening up of local markets, and increased communication and learning between organizations in different countries means that large slow moving organizations may not be able to compete in the Asia Pacific century ahead.
Traditional career paths in organizations are being shortened and employees need to learn faster, be able to take on new information and technologies, and be flexible in the face of opportunities and threats.
The old ways, where one person was the repository of all wisdom in an organization is coming to an end. No man is an island, and the most productive companies are moving to a flexible team structure where more information can be processed and better decisions made. The "team" is now the basic unit of the flexible organization and is replacing the "cult of the individual".
However, there is a great difference between winning teams and losing teams. As on the sporting ground often a "group" of talented champions can be defeated by a "team" of more modest players. Teamwork is a skill that must be trained and does not come naturally. It is a mixture of good leadership and motivation skills, ability to absorb new information, to solve conflicts, and to understand the management style and personalities of others in the team. It is also the ability to pick and develop the Creator Innovator, as well as nurturing and encouraging the Thruster Organizer and the steady and sure Concluder Producer. All types of people are required in an organization but not all organizations nurture all of them.
- As the centre for Team Management Systems in Asia, we can provide all the training and materials necessary for you to develop a specific team or a whole organization. Click here to see the places in Asia where Team Management Systems have been used. We can work with you to develop winning teams in your organization by a variety of measures.
- The full resources are available here, including the Margerison-McCann Team Management Index, for profiling of individuals, the Types of Work Index, for re-engineering and job redesign, and the Team Performance Index, for analyzing strengths and weaknesses of teams. The Linking Skills Index has helped many improve their leadership, communication, and time management skills. Instruments have been developed using samples of over 25,000 managers worldwide, including groups from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Thailand. The Team Management Index is available in eight languages including Mandarin and Japanese.
- Building Trust
- Building Teamwork
- Improving Communication
- Solving Problems Creatively
- Developing Competitive Spirit
Key Areas Covered
- Communication skills
- Importance of building trust
- Power of creativity
- Situational leadership
- Power of teams
- Higher team morale
- Greater sense of empowerment
- Better understanding of inter-dependence
- Improved leadership abilities at all levels
- Greater sense of organizational alignment
Our Integrated Development Approach
- Team Climate Survey (Optional)
- 360° Interpersonal Skills Assessment (Optional)
- TMS Team profiling (Optional)
- Teambuilding Activities
- Team Coaching follow-up (Optional)
- Post Team Climate Survey Optional)
- Post 360° Interpersonal Skills Assessment (Optional)
- Compare results
Leadership is a habit. It is a choice made by individuals
Coaching staff for performance have become one of the most important Leadership skills to master.
Great changes are taking place in Asian organizations as they are around the world.
Despite the public relations hoopla that surrounds customer service today;
If you want your sales force to blow away the competition they need to master the skill of High Impact Selling (HIS).
Leadership coaches provide guidance which allows the leader to improve themselves.
New and existing entrepreneurs are constantly looking for innovative ways to improve their businesses.
Achieve your goals on time and live your ideal life, by removing barriers and challenges from your life.
Developing strategy that maximizes shareholder value is a result of a deep and detailed understanding of the economics...
POWERFUL PERFORMANCE COACHING TIPS
Author: Wai K Leong
Empowering Asian Mindsets Through Coaching
Publisher: Pelanduk Publishing Company
Book Size: 5.4 MB or 228 pages
Book Launch Gallery
Hosted by Pn. Sri Tessie Lim @ The Royal Lake Club on 29 August 2008Read More